2022 Awards Selection Committee Members
Aim and Criteria
The committee reviews and evaluates award nominees. Based on a selection of criteria, they choose the award nominees for the following award categories:
To be on the committee, you must be an active OCA and CCO member in good standing who meets the following criteria:
- Minimum of five (5) years of clinical experience
- Familiar with CCO standards and guidelines
- Understanding of the OCA’s mission and vision
- Be prepared to attend meetings and conference calls, engage in reading and review of nomination material, and participate in email discussions
Award Selection Committee members will be selected and supported by awards event designated OCA staff.
Committee Member Expectations
- There is an expectation that committee members will commit to the program for a minimum of three (3) consecutive years.
- Committee members will be reachable by email and/or phone.
- Committee members must be prepared for the awards committee virtual conference call in advance with the OCA awards and evaluation package provided.
- The evaluation package will be returned to the designated OCA staff at least two (2) days before the committee meeting.
- Committee members should plan to participate in two committee meetings in October for the upcoming OCA Awards nomination and selection process.
- Committee members may be requested for input on modernizing existing and/or developing new awards categories.
- Committee members may recommend enacting the Awards Revocation Policy
Conflict of Interest
- A committee member will be excused from duties for that year if they are nominated for an award category. They will have their term on the Awards Selection Committee extended one additional year.
- A nominee can decline a nomination.
- OCA staff will make efforts to replace the excused committee member for the current year’s selection duties.
This is not a paid position. Expenses incurred while fulfilling award committee business will be reimbursed in accordance with the OCA Financial Policy.