2022 Annual and Special Meeting of Members
Pursuant to the By-law of the Ontario Chiropractic Association (“OCA”), notice is hereby given that the 2022 Annual and Special Meeting (“Annual Meeting”) of the members of the OCA will be held in person on Saturday, January 28, 2023 at the Intercontinental Toronto Centre (Caledon/Oakville Room, Main level) located at 225 Front Street West (Toronto, Ont., M5V 2X3) to conduct the business outlined in the agenda below. Members may also watch, listen and participate in the meeting via the following link: web.lumiagm.com/498690858.
- To receive a Report from the Chair;
- To receive the Audited Financial Statements;
- To appoint BDO Canada, LLP as public accountant of OCA at a remuneration to be fixed by the directors who are authorized to fix such remuneration;
- To elect the following directors to the Board of Directors of OCA as a slate:
- Paolo De Ciantis
- Jenny Elliott
- Stephen Gillis
- Anjelica Mazzella
If the vote for the election of the directors as a slate does not pass, then each of the nominated directors will be voted on individually.
- To approve the Amended and Restated By-law of OCA (refer to Amended and Restated By-law of OCA and a version emphasizing the proposed amendments in the Annual Meeting Documents section, which is accessible to logged in members, and found at the bottom of this page), which:
- Clarifies the conditions concerning membership;
- Clarifies the terms concerning the payment of membership dues;
- Clarifies the conditions concerning the termination of membership in OCA and the effect of such termination;
- Clarifies the terms concerning member expulsion and penalties; and
- Allows OCA to create certain categories of affiliates (who shall not be members) in order to allow non-members to participate in OCA activities in accordance with policies adopted by the Board of Directors of OCA.
- To table any other business that may properly come before the meeting.
Register to Attend the 2022 Annual Meeting
Registration is open for our hybrid (virtual and on-site) Annual Meeting. To register to attend, use the button below.
Please note, registration is only open to OCA members in good standing.
All OCA members are urged to attend the Annual Meeting. If you are unable to attend this Annual Meeting, please complete and send your 2022 Proxy form (in Annual Meeting Documents section) to Deborah Gibson at email@example.com by Friday, January 27, 2023, at 5 p.m. or by depositing the proxy with an officer of OCA on the day of the Annual Meeting up to the commencement of the Annual Meeting at the discretion of the Chair of the meeting. Delivery can be effected by email to Deborah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact Deborah at email@example.com.