OCA Volunteer Programs
As a chiropractor and a member of your professional community, volunteering with OCA offers dual benefits. When you participate in our volunteer initiatives, you help further your profession, while gaining valuable learning opportunities.
We provide members, who are chiropractic students, recent graduates or chiropractors in other stages of their careers, with opportunities to enhance their skills and broaden their network through our:
Our promise to our volunteers
- Create and Maintain a Safe and Respectful Environment
- A healthy and respectful workplace for the volunteer
- An appropriate match between volunteer and task
- Ensure compliance with risk management and legal guidelines
- OCA offers training to volunteers to ensure success within the program
- Our Volunteer’s Commitment:
- Respecting and agreeing to the program’s Code of Conduct
- Recognizing and understanding:
- Program mission
- Association’s goals
- Volunteer roles and responsibilities
- Responsible for attending and reviewing orientation webinar and documents pertaining to their role
- Professional attire
- Our tradeshow volunteers and those volunteering at golf tournaments are required to wear an OCA shirt (provided).
- Other volunteer roles are required to wear business or casual business attire, depending on the role.
- Your Review and Evaluation
- Our volunteer program depends on maintaining the highest quality of program excellence. We encourage all our volunteers to provide feedback on their unique experiences to help us evaluate the success of the program.
- Our Volunteer Policy is reviewed on an annual basis to ensure the needs of our volunteers and organization are being met.
Our Volunteer Confidentiality Statement
I promise to hold in confidence all matters that come to my attention as an OCA volunteer. This includes materials from and about patients/stakeholders, matters regarding colleagues, and other confidential information about the organization. I will respect the privacy of the people I work with and confer appropriately with my supervisors.
Our Volunteer Code of Conduct
Your acceptance of our Code of Conduct indicates that as an OCA volunteer, you understand and accept what is asked when representing the profession and the OCA. Continued participation in the OCA Community Engagement & Leadership Program is contingent upon fulfilling the code of conduct.
Community Engagement and Leadership Program
- Honouring volunteer commitments or expectations, as agreed for the role
- Participating in all training programs
- Respecting the time and schedules of volunteers and OCA staff (Example: contacting the OCA if you are unable to complete a commitment, such as a tradeshow shift
- Respecting the dignity and rights of all persons
- Striving to achieve the highest quality of service
- Being positive and enthusiastic when performing a task
- Practising OCA Code of Ethics at all times
- Considering the best interest of the community—always
- Respecting the confidentiality of volunteers and staff
- Conducting volunteer activities in a professional and dignified manner following OCA’s core values.
Community Outreach 101 (webinar) – How can one chiropractor increase the public profile of the profession? OCA staff will describe the strategies behind the expanded Community Engagement & Leadership Program and how it will equip OCA volunteers to advocate for the profession among the public and stakeholders.
Tradeshow 101: How to Present Chiropractic Effectively (webinar) – This session will provide you with the necessary background and tips to successfully develop potential leads while building awareness and understanding for the profession. Learn tips on how to have an effective booth in your community and how you can participate at an OCA trade show booth.
Getting in Front of Key Decision Makers (webinar) – How to get the meeting, present your case and achieve your goal.
Need more information?
To learn more about our volunteer roles or to get involved, contact email@example.com.