Dr. Theresa Lisk, DC, will give you an overview of first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills with specific examples pertaining to chiropractic. You will learn how to recognize, prevent, and respond to breathing and circulation emergencies for adults (CPR level C).
You will complete a standardized written exam and receive a Certificate of Completion from the Canadian Red Cross for your 3-year certification in Emergency First Aid & CPR Level C with AED. You will also receive 8 structured CE credit hours. Half of the course will be completed online (3 to 4 hours) prior to the in-class portion (4 hours).
Date: Sunday, November 8, 2020
Time: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Location: Glendon College, 2275 Bayview Ave, Toronto ON
At the end of the course, you will:
- Complete a standardized written exam to meet national Canadian Red Cross standards
- Complete a practical scenario to meet Canadian Red Cross standards
- Be able to provide CPR in response to breathing and circulatory emergencies
- Be able to operate an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Be able to respond to emergencies that occur in the office
|9:00 AM||Class begins|
|10:45 AM||Break (15 min)|
|11:00 AM||Class Resumes|
Instructor: Dr. Theresa Lisk, DC
Dr. Theresa Lisk is a CMCC graduate and owner and operator of Dr. Theresa’s Health Institute in Courtice, ON. She has been a certified CPR, First Aid, and First Responder Instructor for the past eight years, teaching these lifesaving techniques to chiropractors and chiropractic students throughout Ontario. Certified in Thompson, Activator and Diversified Techniques, Dr. Lisk ensures that her lifesaving courses include specific situations that all chiropractors will encounter in their offices.
Visit the OCA Advantages page for Dr. Theresa’s Health Institute for an OCA member discount code. OCA members using this code when registering will receive a $20 discount.
Regular Price: $120*
* Plus HST (Price does not reflect OCA member discount code)