Virtual Certification Session
March 6-7, 2021 (Eastern Standard Time)
Launched in Denmark in 2013, Good Life with osteoArthritis in Denmark (GLA:D) is an evidence-based education and exercise program for people experiencing symptoms of hip or knee osteoarthritis (OA). It has helped thousands of people with hip and knee osteoarthritis manage their symptoms of pain and loss of function.
The training program for GLA:D Canada is a 1.5 day course that provides you with the education necessary to work with people who have OA in their knees or hips or who are at high risk of developing OA. The program is appropriate for individuals who have a comprehensive knowledge of anatomy and exercise prescription and who currently work with individuals who have OA or who are at high risk for developing OA.
Chiropractors and several other health care professionals are eligible to provide this program after obtaining certification through the GLA:D Canada Virtual Certification Session.
- The GLA:D Canada Virtual Certification Session will be offered remotely.
- Saturday, March 6, 2021
- 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. EST
- Sunday, March 7, 2021
- 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. EST
COURSE CONTENT INCLUDES:
- OA Theory: Up-to-date research on OA and its treatment
- Virtual experience with the neuromuscular exercises and instruction on how to deliver the GLA:D Canada program
- Dr. Rebecca Moyer
- Assistant Professor, School of Physiotherapy, Faculty of Health, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Mia Bechard
- Registered Physiotherapist, East Toronto Orthopaedic & Sports Injury Clinic
THE COURSE INCLUDES:
- A GLA:D Canada program training manual.
- On-going access to the latest research, educational and exercise materials associated with OA.
- After your certification, the GLA:D Canada project team will provide support for trainers to implement the program in your clinic to help to build your practice.
- Promotion of your clinic as a certified GLA:D Canada program site.