GLA:D™ Canada is an evidence-based education and exercise program for individuals with knee and/or hip osteoarthritis (OA), based on the success of the program in Denmark.
The training program for GLA:D Canada is a 1.5 day course that provides you with the education necessary to work with people who have OA in their knees or hips or who are at high risk of developing OA. The program is appropriate for individuals who have a comprehensive knowledge of anatomy and exercise prescription and who currently work with individuals who have OA or who are at high risk for developing OA.
Bone and Joint Canada is certifying eligible professionals (physiotherapists, registered kinesiologists, chiropractors and CSEP CEPs) through a 1.5 training course to provide the program.
- The GLA:D Canada Virtual Certification Session will be offered remotely.
- Saturday, February 25, 2023
- 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. ET
- Sunday, February 26, 2023
- 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET
GLA:D™ Canada training sessions are 1.5 day training courses that will prepare you to provide the program to your clients. Training consists of:
- Theoretical component detailing the pathophysiology of osteoarthritis and up to date research on treatment.
- Information on how to implement the program within your clinical setting, adhering to the GLA:D™ Canada program standards and data collection.
- Practical instruction on how to deliver the neuromuscular exercise program and functional test.
Learn more and register: https://gladcanada.ca/for-trainers/sign-up-for-a-certification-course/
Is GLA:D Canada Right for you? Find out here.