GLA:D™ Canada is an evidence-based education and exercise program for individuals with knee and/or hip osteoarthritis (OA), based on the success of the program in Denmark.
The training program for GLA:D Canada is a 1.5 day course that provides you with the education necessary to work with people who have OA in their knees or hips or who are at high risk of developing OA. The program is appropriate for individuals who have a comprehensive knowledge of anatomy and exercise prescription and who currently work with individuals who have OA or who are at high risk for developing OA.
Bone and Joint Canada is certifying eligible professionals (physiotherapists, registered kinesiologists, chiropractors and CSEP CEPs) through a 1.5 training course to provide the program.
- The GLA:D Canada Virtual Certification Session will be offered remotely.
- Saturday, October 22, 2022
- 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. ET
- Sunday, October 23, 2022
- 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET
THE PROGRAM CONSISTS OF 3 PARTS:
- 1) 2-3 education sessions.
- 2) 12 tailored neuromuscular exercise sessions.
- 3) a database for participants to input their outcome measures for quality monitoring purposes.
To learn more and register:
Visit http://gladcanada.ca/ for more information about the program.
Read Getting Started with GLA:D document for information on whether the GLA:D™ Canada program is right for you.