Seeking Chiropractor – Oakville, ON
Posting #: 2024-927941
Non-Union Position: Chiropractor – Self-employed
Department: Work-Fit Total Therapy Centre
Status: Temporary Part-time for approx. 6 months (must provide availability of up to 0.5 FTE)
Hours: Monday – Friday – Various day and evening 8 hour shifts (hours may change based on operational needs)
Halton Healthcare’s vision of Exemplary patient experiences, always, goes beyond just the patient experience; it has shaped our entire culture and remains at the core of every interaction in our organization, from our patients & families to our staff, physicians and volunteers. We believe in exemplary PEOPLE experiences always!
At Halton Healthcare you will thrive in a healthcare culture and environment that embraces inclusion, diversity and belonging with ‘exemplary patient care, always’ at the heart of everything we do.
We empower our people to be the very best they can be so they can make a difference for our patients and the communities we serve.
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative center of excellence in community hospital care.
The Work-Fit Total Therapy Centre is a multi-disciplinary clinic serving residents of Oakville, Milton, Georgetown and the surrounding community. With three locations – Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital, Milton District Hospital and Georgetown Hospital – our experienced health care professionals work together to deliver the best possible care. Clinics are staffed with fully qualified and experienced professionals including Registered Physiotherapists, Registered Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapy Assistants, Registered Massage Therapists, and Certified Kinesiologists. This temporary contract position is for a self-employed professional and will be working under a fee for service arrangement (not an employee of Halton Healthcare).
- Providing excellent quality care to the clients of Work-Fit Total Therapy Centre at OTMH and Rapid Access Clinic at Georgetown (with potential onboarding at OTMH)
- Promoting and marketing the centre and self by educating referring physicians, local industry and community members
- Ensuring that the fees charged for services are within the Guidelines set out by the Health Professionals Regulatory Bodies
- Must carry professional liability insurance with the Canadian Chiropractic Protective Association (CCPA)
- Continuously seeking to improve the delivery of services by updating clinical practice skills and delivery, based on current evidence-based practice guidelines and standards of practice
- Participates in Work-Fit Total Therapy Centre meetings and strategic planning events for the development and operational needs of the clinic with the staff and the manager of the clinic
- Doctor of Chiropractic Degree and licensed with the College of Chiropractic
- In good standing with the College of Chiropractic and able to practice in Ontario
- Evidence of liability insurance up to 4 million coverage ($2 million per claim with a maximum aggregate of $4 million per year)
- Relevant current clinical skills and certification in Active Release Training, Contemporary Medical Acupuncture, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis Bootcamp an asset
- 5 years of relevant experience and knowledge in private practice
- Clear understanding of billing practices and documentation for own professional’s standards and current private practice guidelines
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellence interpersonal skills, ability motivate, inspire and facilitate teamwork and problem solving
- A creative and innovative problem solver
- A self-starter and initiator
- A hard worker with a positive attitude and high degree of commitment to the job
- A business/entrepreneurial mind-set, with experience in marketing and promotion is an asset
Date Posted: January 11, 2024
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we’d like to hear from you.
Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with Directive #6, Halton Healthcare has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. All new hires must be fully compliant with our Policy as a condition of employment with Halton Healthcare. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a documented medical exemption as part of the hiring process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone’s cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.
Contact Email: NRICHTER@haltonhealthcare.com